OKO Caribe 100% Pure Ceremonial Grade Cacao from the Dominican Republic!
Ideal for those using cacao ceremonially, or in bulk.
- 100% pure, ceremonial grade cacao paste
- 1 kilo - 2.2 pounds
- Block form
- Ideal for preparing a full ceremonial cacao brew, a morning beverage (great alternative to coffee!), adding to healthy drinks, and adding to your fine desserts!
- For personal use we recommend shaving about 1oz cacao into your 8oz cup of hot water or milk alternative. Set your intention and feel the warm, heart opening, and healing gracefully integrated with this cacao.
- Honey, Strawberry, Nutmeg, Coconut Oil
- Nestled in the heart of the cacao rich Duarte province in the Dominican Republic, Oko Caribe (or "eco-Caribe," in German) is a gem amongst cacao suppliers. With more than 50 years of combined experience in cacao, owners Adriano de Jesus Rodriguez and Gualberto Acebey Torrejon have fine-tuned their systems to ensure consistent, superior quality in their 500+ tons of annual production. Oko Caribe maintains close relationships with its 165 farmers through technical training, in agronomic practices and organic certification. In addition, owners Adriano and Gualberto have personal relationships with all farmers, offering microfinance loans for cacao-related expenses, as well as personal loans for family emergencies or other community needs. The loyalty between Oko Caribe and the farmers they work with is not only evidenced in daily interactions between staff management and farmers, but also in their best-in-class, award winning final product.
- Ultra-Premium Quality
- 12 awards in 2018
- 50 awards total
- Biodiversity: intercropped with plantain, orange, avocado, coconut, and mango
- Average farm size: 7.4 hectares
- Average Altitute: 361ft
- Annual Rainfall: 61in
- Organic Hectares: 900
- 115 organic certified farmers
- 10 female farmers
- 4100kf average sales per farmer
- $11,783 average annual revenue per farmer
- Organic training, loans to farmers